Unfazed by complex and challenging situations, Jason focuses on providing clients with high-quality service and actionable solutions. Jason employs his exceptional work ethic, responsiveness and pragmatic approach to put clients at ease in order to find strategic solutions for every mandate.
As a Managing Director of KSV, Jason works with creditors and debtors across industries, including construction, real estate, technology, cannabis, financial services, power generation, and oil and gas, on both formal and informal restructuring mandates. Jason has experience assisting distressed companies in developing and executing turnaround strategies to return them to viability. Jason advises banks, secured creditors, shareholders and regulators.
As a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT) and a member of the Turnaround Management Association, Jason has a high-level understanding of the mechanics involved in insolvency and restructuring mandates. He utilizes his business and financial knowledge to identify the causes of distress, model future cash flows and operating scenarios, assist in capital raises and advise on restructuring options.
Jason recognizes that each situation requires a different approach. To consistently achieve exemplary results, he connects with each client on a personal level – applying his strong communication and strategic skills to each case. Regardless of the situation, clients can always count on Jason for pragmatic advice, timely communication and an efficient strategy in which they can feel confident.
Outside of work, Jason’s priority is spending time with family. He is also an avid golfer and seizes every opportunity to spend time outdoors. Jason tells us he was once a good hockey player.
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee (2019)
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (2018)
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant (2016)
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration, Wilfrid Laurier University (2014)
- Alberta Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (Director)
- Turnaround Management Association (Member)
- Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (Member)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (Member)